Home » Blog » Hair »
Jojoba Oil For Hair– The Complete Guide 2021
Are you tired of seeing hair in your comb, on your clothing, pillows and floors? Hair fall can be serious if not kerbed in its early stages. There are many factors that cause hair fall and stunted hair growth: improper diet, nutritional deficiencies, your genes, stress and hormones are a few noteworthy factors. A majority of these issues can be combated with holistic remedies supplemented with a healthy diet and stress control. That apart, you must also start using hair oils for regular scalp massage. Hair oils boost blood circulation and nourish the hair follicles. They also provide nourishment to the roots of the hair leading to luxurious hair growth. One of the best oils for hair massage to stimulate hair re-growth is Jojoba oil. But before that let us study how to use this wonderful natural remedy to promote hair growth and kerb hair fall.
What is Jojoba oil?
Jojoba oil, also known as Wax Ester, is obtained from the Jojoba plant (Simmondsia Chinensis) which is native to California, Arizona, Mexico and other regions having a warm, desert-like climate. The plant secretes a waxy substance that protects its leaves from moisture loss. This is why Jojoba oil has a liquid waxy texture which is very similar to human oil secretion or sebum. This waxy texture makes Jojoba oil so easily absorbed by human skin and hair. It nourishes our hair follicles which help in maximising the rate on which our hair grows.
Best Jojoba Oil UK for Faster Hair Growth
Properties of Jojoba Oil for Hair
The use of Jojoba oil has spread worldwide owing to its numerous medicinal properties. Here is a gist of its salient features:
- Jojoba oil remains stable for years and has a long shelf life. It does not dry up and has a strong resistance to oxidisation. This feature finds use in many industrial applications. Today, Jojoba oil is used widely in hair cosmeceuticals.
- It has a high tocopherol content which makes it a wonderful antioxidant for hair.
- Jojoba oil is one of the best carrier oils for essential oils and aromatherapy applications. It acts as a vehicle to carry the essential oils deep into the hair.
- When used as a massage oil, Jojoba oil penetrates the hair and scalp.
- As a hair massage oil, it works as a lubricant to help massage therapists glide easily over knotted and tense muscles.
- Jojoba oil is a wonderful moisturiser for the head scalp. It penetrates deep into the dermis without clogging the head scalp pores. It creates a protective barrier on the hair protecting them from environmental damage. The oil is useful for healing chapped, dry hair.
- Jojoba oil is hypoallergenic and can be used by people with the hypersensitive head scalp.
- It is especially beneficial for acne-prone head skin as it reduces inflammation and eliminates the bacteria which cause acne in the first place.
- As hair oil, it is ideal for kerbing hair loss, dry and frizzy hair, dull hair and dandruff. It provides a boost of hydration to the hair and strengthens the roots. You can add it to your shampoos or conditioner to prevent ringworm, dandruff, lice and other hair issues.
- When used for massaging into the scalp, it provides body and volume to fine or limp hair. It also makes hair shinier and smoother.
- Men can also benefit greatly from the regular application of Jojoba oil. They may use it as a pre-shaving oil to enable the razor to glide over the skin smoothly. This can prevent razor burns, ingrown hair etc.
- Bearded men can also benefit from Jojoba oil too. Apply the oil into the beard to prevent dry, frizzy and flyaway hair and also stimulate beard growth. A well-oiled beard looks neat and elegant and Jojoba oil should be made a part of one’s daily beard grooming regime.
- Other uses of Jojoba oil include: treating haemorrhoids, as a makeup remover, for stimulating hair growth on eyebrows and eyelashes, for treating ear infections, for healing warts and skin tags, relieving back pain, preventing and reducing dimpled appearance of cellulite and also in eliminating pockets of fat deposits from the thighs, belly and abdomen.
Jojoba Oil Benefits in Hair Growth
- As a Scalp Cleanser: Due to the air pollution, dirt and too much secretion of sebum, the oily or waxy matter that lubricates and waterproof the scalp skin which is produced by the sebaceous gland, our hair follicles get blocked that leads to slow hair growth and may even cause hair fall. By simply massaging Jojoba oil to the scalp, this will help to dislodge clogs and unblock the hair follicles to cleanse your scalp that will eventually lead to healthy hair growth.
- As a Scalp Moisturiser: Since the sebum produced by the sebaceous gland have a similar molecular structure to that of Jojoba oil, it can replicate the work of the sebum on keeping our scalp moisturised. Applying Jojoba oil to the scalp can improve the health of your scalp as well as your hair.
- To Control Hair Loss: As we have mentioned earlier, clogged pores can lead to slow hair growth and hair loss. Massaging Jojoba Oil to the scalp can dissolve the dirt and buildup on your scalp and will ensure that your hair grows out healthy. It can encourage and promote new hair growth because it can stimulate the development of new hair cells.
- To Control Dandruff: Jojoba oil has antibacterial properties which soothe the scalp and prevents your scalp from flaking. It can also relieve your scalp from dandruff and scales caused by scalp psoriasis and eczema.
How to Use Jojoba Oil to Grow Hair Faster
Hair growth massage oil #1
The best way to use Jojoba oil is to use it as hair and scalp massage oil. Here is a great scalp massage oil recipe that stimulates hair growth and kerbs hair loss:
- 5-6 drops of Lavender oil
- 4-5 drops of Bay essential oil
- 4 oz of Jojoba oil
Mix the oils well and store the blend in a glass bottle. To use, take the requisite quantity and massage it well into the scalp. Leave it on overnight (or for at least an hour) before washing off with a mild shampoo. Repeat this treatment once a week to see results.
Hair growth massage oil #2
- 15 ml Apple cider vinegar
- 6 drops of Rosemary essential oil
- 3 drops of Geranium essential oil
- 6 drops of Jojoba oil
- 50 ml each Rosewater and Distilled water.
Mix all oils and liquids well. Use the blend on your hair after washing it with a suitable shampoo.
Hair growth mask recipe #1
You can also make a hair conditioning mask using Jojoba oil. Here is a great recipe:
- 1 ripe banana mashed
- 2 tsp Jojoba oil
Mix the ingredients. Apply the mask to the hair and scalp. Leave it on for 15 minutes. Shampoo your hair as usual. Jojoba oil not only kerbs hair fall, it also imparts a healthy shine to your hair.
Hair growth mask recipe #2
The Aloe Vera in this recipe imparts shine to the hair. These antioxidant-rich ingredients penetrate into the hair follicles to reverse effects of DHT (dihydrotestosterone) which is responsible for hair fall.
- 1 tbsp Aloe Vera gel
- 2 tbsp each Coconut oil, Olive Oil and Jojoba oils
Blend the mixture in a mixer and apply it to your hair and scalp. Leave it on for 20 minutes. Wash off with a suitable shampoo.
Jojoba oil stimulates hair re-growth, kerbs hair fall and also gives you better-looking hair. You should always remember when selecting Jojoba oil is that it should be organic and cold-pressed which is capable of doing wonders. Would you like to try this amazing oil and start to see the improvement in your hair growth and the health of your scalp? Once you start seeing what it can do for you, it will be a part of your daily routine.
Jojoba oil is readily available online and you may want to try Eden’s Semilla brand from Amazon UK as this is widely regarded as the best and have good reviews as well. Once you start using it and see how amazing it is, you’ll be hooked!
Have you already tried using the Jojoba oil for hair? Please tell us about your experience using it in the comment sections below.