Home » Blog » Face »
- 1 Manuka Honey for Acne 2020: A Complete Guide on How to Apply
- 1.1 What Is Manuka Honey?
- 1.2 What Good About This Honey for Acne?
- 1.3 Video Instruction: How to Use Manuka Honey Acne Reviews
- 1.4 How To Select Manuka Honey?
- 1.5 Steens Manuka Honey Review
- 1.6 Benefits Of Using Manuka Honey to treat Acne
- 1.7 How To Use Manuka Honey to Cure Acne?
- 1.8 Conclusion
Manuka Honey for Acne 2020: A Complete Guide on How to Apply
Pimples. Zits. Acne. Blemishes. Spots. Call them by any name; they are just as annoying, no matter what your age. Acne arise at a time we are least expecting them and they take weeks, even months to clear up. Despair not, for there is hope! You need not even resort to harsh chemicals or conventional medication to treat acne and acne scars. Nature has provided us with one of the best remedies for acne in the form of Manuka Honey. In this guide, we are going to tell you exactly how to use Manuka Honey for Acne scars and blemishes.
Actress Scarlett Johansson has said she has regular manuka facials to ‘pull the impurities’ from her skin, and it is claimed to banish acne and sore throats.
What Is Manuka Honey?
Manuka honey is a type of honey produced by bees in the New Zealand. What makes this honey so special is the fact that the bees only feed on flowers from the Manuka bush. These flowers (known as Leptospermum Scoparium) are wild and native only to New Zealand area where they blossom only in 4 weeks per year.
What Good About This Honey for Acne?
Several scientific studies have been conducted on Manuka honey and researchers have discovered hundreds of healing medicinal properties in it. Most varieties of honey contain hydrogen peroxide- a natural anti-bacterial and antiseptic enzyme that prevents acne and acne scars. In addition to hydrogen peroxide, Manuka honey contains a special extra ingredient which scientists earlier termed as UMF or Unique Manuka Factor. This ingredient works synergistically with hydrogen peroxide to make Manuka honey strongly antibacterial that can cure acne. UMF has now been discovered to be Dietary Methylglyoxal (MGO). The varieties of manuka honey available in the market come in varying strengths of Methylglyoxal and based on these, you can cure various ailments with manuka honey apart from acne.
Video Instruction: How to Use Manuka Honey Acne Reviews
How To Select Manuka Honey?
Manuka honey is extremely expensive but a little goes a long way, so it is definitely worth the price, especially if you are looking to fight severe acne. UMF 10 or MGO 100 is the lowest strength available. Avoid buying anything lower than that as then it would just be your regular table honey. You can use UMF 10 honey for simple ailments like colds and coughs. But if you want to fight for acne, go in for Steens Raw UMF 15+ (MGO 514+) Manuka Honey from Amazon UK. This is one of the best honey for acne treatment as well as it will ward off severe colds, coughs, stomach flu and other super bugs. Manuka honey is also available in higher strengths of UMF 20/25 or MGO 400/550. These are very effective in curing cystic acne, acne on the back, buttocks and torso.
Steens Manuka Honey Review
at Amazon UK
Benefits Of Using Manuka Honey to treat Acne
- Manuka honey is a strong antibacterial and antiseptic agent. When used regularly, you can fight existing acne and pimples and also prevent new breakouts.
- The honey does not dry up your skin like conventional acne medicines do. In fact; manuka honey is a godsend for dry skin as it moisturises, heals and protects the skin.
- Taken internally, Manuka honey not only fights blemishes, it also provides an anti-aging action. The honey is rich in antioxidants which fight free radical damage. So you end up looking younger too!
- In addition to fighting zits, Manuka honey lightens blemishes and prevents scars. You can even use it on dark circles or on areas with sun damage and age spots to lighten and brighten the skin. This is due to its hydrogen peroxide content which provides a bleaching action.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of manuka honey eliminate pain and swelling typical of cystic or nodular acne.
- It can even be used on chronic skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis to prevent them.
- Manuka honey’s antibacterial properties continuously fight Acnes bacteria which causes acne in the first place.
Now we will discuss some easy remedies with Manuka honey.
How To Use Manuka Honey to Cure Acne?
You can use Manuka honey internally as well as externally or topically to fight acne.
Take a tablespoon of honey daily with warm water, lemon juice or a bit of organic apple cider vinegar, first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Manuka honey acts as a mild laxative which helps you prevent constipation. It also detoxifies the body. You must avoid eating junk food and also curb your intake of sweets fried foods etc. You can even use Manuka honey to replace sugar in your cooking/baking recipes.
Apply raw manuka honey directly on the zits and acne marks and scars. Leave it on for 10-15 minutes before rinsing off with cool water. Avoid using any soap when using this remedy. You can use manuka honey daily in this way to fight acne continuously.
3. Manuka Parsley Face Mask
Manuka honey in this mask acts as an antibacterial agent whereas the parsley works to lighten and fade scars by adding skin-lightening vitamins and minerals. Use this mask at least once a week to see results.
- ½ cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Manuka honey
- 1-2 tsp Kaolin clay
In a blender, add the parsley leaves, lemon juice and honey and blend until smooth. Using a spatula, remove the mixture from the blender into a glass bowl. Add the clay, little at a time and mix into a smooth paste. Apply all over the face. Leave it on for 15 minutes, then rinse off. Repeat once a week to prevent new breakouts.
4. Exfoliating Face Scrub With Manuka Honey
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp Manuka honey
- 1 tbsp ground (uncooked) oats
Mix the ingredients and gently scrub on the face. Wash off after 5 minutes. Use once a week to exfoliate the skin, prevent blackheads and whiteheads and keep the pores clear.
The antibacterial compounds in Manuka honey, even in its lowest concentration, help fight redness, inflammation and infection and dry up blemishes. Manuka honey has an antioxidant action that can give you not just a radiant and blemish-free complexion but also prevent wrinkles and other signs of ageing. People using manuka honey for acne have seen remarkable results in just 2 weeks! So try it yourself!